Epworth Medical Foundation
Epworth Medical Foundation (EMF) was first established as a philanthropic trust in 1982 to raise much-needed funds to ensure patients at Epworth HealthCare receive the best possible care. In 2019, EMF was reconstituted as a public company limited by guarantee, to underpin its philanthropic activities and fundraising.
Our work is vital, because Epworth is a charitable, not-for-profit hospital.
We rely on your generosity to enable us to stay at the forefront of advancements in medical technology, for our patients.
Epworth is a private, not-for-profit organisation that relies on funds raised by Epworth Medical Foundation to continue to provide Epworth’s patients with the best possible facilities, equipment, surgical expertise and access to research.
The difference you make
When you donate to EMF, your generosity is used to directly benefit Epworth’s patients. For example, more than half of all medical equipment at Epworth HealthCare is funded by EMF, and 80 percent of Epworth’s medical research.
Charitable funds are used to support:
- state-of-the-art medical equipment that ensures Epworth’s patients receive the very best
- world-class facilities that maximise patient outcomes, safety and comfort
- ground-breaking medical research projects and trials, shared with Epworth’s patients
- staff education and training opportunities to pass best-practice on to Epworth’s patients
- support programs to care for Epworth’s patients’ emotional and financial needs
Epworth Medical Foundation hosts numerous events throughout the year, including the famous Epworth Gala Ball, a series of exciting national and international charity challenges, the prestigious Men’s Health and Women’s Health Lunches, and a number of other activities.
In addition, we run a number of special appeals that enable our donors to directly impact the care that Epworth’s patients receive, and provide opportunities for our supporters to establish a legacy of philanthropy that lasts forever through named buildings, endowed scholarships or research projects, and bequests.